As life’s eternal protégé, cheers to an enlightened weekend:
1. Unconditional love exists. If you’re lucky, you were born knowing. If you’re brave, you shall seek. Be brave.
2. Skin fades. Voice doesn’t. Choose someone who serenades you every moment of every day.
3. It’s OK to fall in love with more than one person, especially if the other person is you.
4. Accept the kind of family you have. Build the kind of family you want.
5. A cry a day keeps the blues away. Grief is like storm clouds: the longer it gathers, the worst it gets. Six years after losing a friend, I still get the gut-wrenching, abysmal, snot-splotchin’, not-cute-even-a-little-bit cry face. The difference? I allow myself to be sad.
6. Like all things in life, you don’t know till you know. Let your belief system be fluid.
7. “Accident ruled every corner of the universe except the chambers of the human heart.” Believe in the serendipitous, but own your power of CHOICE.
8. The next time your lips move, skip the small talk. Dive deep into what matters. At first, it will make people uncomfortable. With practice, it will make you strong.
You think you have time for the human experience, but in actuality, it’s fleeting.
The good news?
So is pain.
Gone with the breeze,